Yesterday I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would come and I would feel a lot better.
This is certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider...
- If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do? I would re-lose the 17 pounds (and make it 20 this time) I lost three years ago and found again last year! I'm working on it, but it's going to take a lot longer than 24 hours!
- If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go? I might go back to Portland, Oregon--such a beautiful city. But really, 24 hours isn't long enough to go anywhere.
- You get to do somebody else's job for a day...Wouldn't it be fun to run a doggie day care? I wouldn't even mind cleaning up after the dogs--I do that all the time anyway!
- Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...I want to be with my dad again. If I could I would go back to the fun-loving dad I remember from my childhood...the one who laughed for joy at family gatherings, who took me fishing and put me to bed at night with funny stories about bullfrogs and growing up on the farm...many years before I could imagine how Alzheimer's would take him away, a little at a time.
- A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick? I've seen enough of cancer to know I'd gladly accept the power to cure it, if I could. But the power to heal human heartache is one I would like to have, too.