Well, the day is half over, and here are the ones I've already done:
1. Exercised. My favorite trainer was there this morning, which was nice, and I indulged in a cafe mocha from my favorite coffee shop after I was finished. (No whipped cream, though! So maybe I did a little more than break even on the caloric exchange.)
2. Drove to our agency's sheltered workshop to meet with a client who is having some roommate problems. Counseling with a person with a cognitive impairment requires a completely different skill set from counseling with a neurotypical person. You have to be very concrete--no metaphors, which is hard for me. You have to be prepared to go over the same ground numerous times. Some of my clients have such a short attention span that they can only hang with me for about 20 minutes, so I have to try to stay focused myself and make those 20 minutes count. I enjoy it, but it's tough work.
3. Met a group of coworkers at a new seafood restaurant (great shrimp!) in honor of our department manager's birthday. To my surprise, they picked up my tab too, making it more of a "March birthdays" lunch. That was nice.
4. Grocery shopping, one of my usual Friday pursuits, along with:
5. Laundry (still in progress).
I try not to work on Fridays, so (2) was more of a "have-to" than a "want-to".
More "have-tos" on the horizon, alas; paying bills and (sigh) organizing my Schedule C info...We have a Family Promise overnight tonight, but we won't be taking Amie this time...Another solitary Saturday is on the horizon, so at least I have plenty to keep me busy...Enjoy your weekend!