Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Guest blogger: Amie

Hi, everybody! I want to thank all of my human and animal friends for your prayers. I appreciate that a lot. Mama and Daddy are still concerned, because the vet told them that he doesn't know what I have--he says I don't have cushions after all. I don't understand that, because I have lots of cushions. It's a good thing, too, because lately I've been more tired than usual. I have some new medicine to take, and some really yummy stuff on my food called VAL Syrup. (Grendel, it's like gravy!) Mama says I have to go back to the vet in a month for more blood tests. I'm not going to worry about that now.

Well, enough about that. The important thing to blog today is that my friend Scout tagged me for a meme! Here are the rules:

- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six people and at the end of your post, link to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

It says person, but obviously we're including animals. So here are my six things:

1. I can wag my tail really, really fast when I'm glad to see someone.
2. When my belly was shaved recently, Mama discovered it was covered with freckles. (She's been calling me Frecklebelly ever since. I wish she would stop.)
3. My favorite foods are cheese, eggs, pumpkin, and yogurt! And something Mama thinks is really gross, and she says we don't need to discuss that.
4. I used to sleep in Mama and Daddy's room, but when they went away for a long, long time I got into the habit of sleeping by the front door. Even though they're back now, I still sleep by the front door.
5. I am a three-year survivor of mammary cancer. Mama thinks that's important, but I don't...it was a long time ago, after all.
6. I only have one canine tooth now, and no incisors on top. It doesn't matter, though. I can eat anything I like. I can still chew up a bone!

A lot of my friends have already done this. I'll tag Beatrice, Elizabeth, Newman, Whistle (or anyone else at his house who would prefer to play), Josie and Boudreaux, and Tiria! If you don't have time to play, it won't hurt my feelings. But if you'd like to play, have fun!

9 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

Scout says, she can't wait to hear what your friends have to say. and she is curious about your freckles.

great play, amie!

Lori said...

Dear Amie,

My favorite foods are also cheese, eggs, pumpkin and yogurt! Though the yogurt must be Yoplalit cheesecake. And the pumpkin, pumpkin pie.

I am gladder than glad that you are OK. And I will never call you Frecklebelly, even though it is the cutest name I have heard in a long time!

My two cats, Callie and Lucy say Meeeow. And can relate to being able to chew even with missing teeth!

Welcome home and I will bet there are two very relieved humans in your house tonight.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Amie I just want to scratch those freckles on your belly!!

You must be such a good dog.

DogBlogger said...

I think Frecklebelly is a cute name. Then again, I didn't get called that, so if you wish she would stop, I'll wish that, too.
Love,
Cub

Unknown said...

It sounds VERY important to be a survivor! Very.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better, Amie. And our dog F says he has a few freckles, too!

Whistle said...

I played at my blog: www.catzandbestofblog.blogspot.com
I can't do the link thing because I have a toy mouse in my mouth right now.

Amie, thanks for asking me to play!

Jody Harrington said...

Woof, Amie! I played! Glad you're feelin' better.

Love, Beatrice

Lindy said...

You are a good memer. Me and my guardian clicked over here from Cub's blog. I hope your fur grows back and covers up your freckles.