It's snowing in south Texas this morning! Yes, it's a beautiful sight, coming down. It's not sticking at the moment, but as the temperature falls during the day, the roads should become slick later on. I have a confession: a combination of concern about the weather (we are supposed to go downtown to the ballet tonight, but we aren't willing to risk our necks for it), dealing with three dogs who do NOT want to go out and take care of business, and a couple of unbloggables for good measure, have got me feeling grouchy this morning. However, I am praying not to ACT grouchy and hoping the feeling will follow the behavior!
(Breaking news: the owner of the salon where I have a nail appointment later just called to ask if I wanted a trial appointment with her new massage therapist, about 90 minutes from now! Do I ever!! Now this should improve the mood...)
Well, anyway, here are five things I'm not doing to prepare for Christmas:
1. Racking my brain for appropriate little ditzel gifts for everyone and her dog.
We have been blessed with an abundance of pecans this year, and everyone can expect some yummy spiced pecans or Christmas cookies.
2. The jury is still out on Christmas cards. They've been purchased, but I haven't started writing an annual letter yet. I may not.
3. Going overboard with decorating. A wreath and garlands on the front door, the tree, and my angels placed around the house, will be about it.
4. Shopping till I drop. I took advantage of Cyber Monday, and now I'm almost finished.
5. Being at church every single time the door opens. I have no pressing need to attend Cookies with Santa, etc. Of course I will enjoy the regular services and our Christmas concert.
I won't play the bonus right now; gotta go get a massage and get beautiful! Maybe later!