Thursday, January 04, 2007

Moving on

Tonight at choir practice we sorted all of the Christmas music (and there was a LOT) so that our devoted volunteer librarians could file it away. I never did blog about how thrilled I was that this year we sang Vivaldi's Gloria, which has been very special to me since I first sang it with a group of good friends about 26 years ago, at the church where the Scientist and I later met and married. That piece reminds me of some very happy times, and to have the opportunity to sing it again was a joy.

When we opened our folders tonight, there instead of the Christmas pieces we found Dubois' The Seven Last Words of Christ. That was slightly jarring, but I know that in a way it is fitting; even during Christmastide, we remember Good Friday.

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Don't have your email sugar....

drop me a line at
princessandthebeads@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Can't believe The Seven Last Words showed up in your Christmas music. But hey, maybe its a word from God for Lent.